3.03.2009

bright eyes

damn, no one told me that getting a decent outfit shot would be so difficult. Or maybe it's just me (probably)...Since I got so many nice comments on my last personal picture, I thought that every once in a while I could do an outfit post. I had some free time today, which is a luxury these days, and decided that my outfit was semi-decent enough to post. But unfortunately I didn't have a photographer on hand, so I had to resort to other options. First, I tried to do the old mirror photo deal...so cheesy. I took about a million pictures just like this one before I realized that I wasn't getting the bottom half in...






So that wouldn't cut it...I decided to use the self-timer. Only problem is, I hate using flash and the lighting in my house wasn't ideal. I went outside...and out there it was too bright. All the pictures ended up with my face looking extremely angry and/or squinty. Not a good look. This is one of the only decent shots I got...




I'm so torn about these doc marten boots. I really love them on other people, but I just don't know if they're right for me. They were my moms from the 90's, I'm guessing? I've had them laying around forever, so I decided to take them out for a test drive today and wore them to class. They're....big. They're the right size, but they just feel so bulky, you know? They're very different from the shoes that I usually wear. And I feel like my legs are too short for them. I think they make me look even shorter than I actually am. Which is short. I don't know...maybe I'll try them again, maybe not.

wearing: Luella blazer, f21 dress, free people tights, doc marten boots, vintage & f21 jewelry

16 comments:

  1. love the docs and those tights, uber cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment. yes i think i'd love to watch une femme est une femme one day when i get the chance. anna karina is so lovely! ooh switch links? :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look amazing on you!!!
    Continue wearring them for sure.

    lovely look
    xoxo
    Stephanie
    www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovin the outfit, i'm in the market for some docs myself ...
    still debating whether to go for straight black, glossy white, or neon pink .
    hmm .
    & i empathize with you on getting the perfect outfit shot .
    it's haaaard .



    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg seriously, If you can really invite me, you've just made my day...no wait my moth.

    Let me know f you,re still up to it.
    Thanks a lot.
    Keep in touch
    xoxo
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love what you are wearing!!! Just great! Love the white and black combination! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. um honey love..the docs look AMAZING on you! nice job with the styling! you did well for sure! oh and the whole outfit is GUSHING, the tights the blazer (blazer addict).

    thanks for your lovely comment! :)

    xxx love LM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blazer, and that bubblehem is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT OUTFIT! i love the doc martens, i want a pair too but i feel like they're not qute me and i'd end up looking forced. you do not look forced though, you look great

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the blazer! cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the DMs on you...but I know what you mean about feeling short. It's just that feeling you'll get with DMs initally especially since they are not the most petite of shoes. But really, if it helps, you look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i need some doc martens.. i think they look great on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taking self- pictures is soo hard! I started the same way you did, I posted a pic and then I realized judging by the feedbakc that readers like to see that (I guess it fits right into our invasive/curious nature/today's society) Anyways, it gets easier, because we are creatures that adapt and you find ways to make it work ;)

    Love this look- you paired the docs with the perfect white dress it softens the boots :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfit, the blazer looks great with whte dress

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same way as you, i love doc martins but I'm v. short too and i just think they would cut off my legs in the wrong place. I agree, I think they dont look right on me but they do on other people, and I have to say they look great on you!! They dont cut your legs off at all because the black colour kinda blends into your tights so they look great!
    I just found your blog today and it's refreshing to find someone who actually loves old blightly, you wait till you start living here and you'll start to hate the 'bloody' (=]) weather, and having to hide your wonderful outfit under a coat every time you step out the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think these look great on you! I had to send a pair back as they were too big, I'm hoping the smaller size will be better. Loving your London obsession as well!

    ReplyDelete