1.23.2009

Clubmasters!

I really love wayfarers. However, I love them more in a Breakfast at Tiffany's way than in a dirty hipster sort of way. But nowadays, with everybody and their mother wearing them, I feel like I need to give mine a bit of a rest. Because I'm so devoted to the shape/vibe of the wayfarers, I needed to find an alternative that didn't depart too much from my beloved Ray-Bans. In comes the clubmaster.
At first, I didn't like clubmasters at all. After seeing them make a cameo on the faces of Mary-Kate and Rachel Bilson, I decided to declare them hideous. But I guess things change, because for the last couple of weeks I've been dying for a pair. I thought it was just a phase, so I decided that I would just buy a cheapie, throwaway pair from Urban or F21. But, luckily for me, they were out. I really don't know what made me change my mind so abruptly and decide that they were crucial to my existance. I'm thinking this love machine had a little something to do with it:



(That's Robert Pattinson and he is totally my boyfriend. He just doesn't know it yet.)

My budget is pretty much pea-sized right now, so I had to find a pair at a good price. At times like that, ebay is your friend. After some tedious searching, I finally found a pair that met my needs. A fierce bidding war that came down to the last few seconds and a victory dance later, and they were mine! So ever since then, they're basically all I can think about. I can't wait for them to arrive. A few pictures from the listing are in order, no?



Ahhh! I'm so excited! I just really hope these don't get hugely popular, like wayfarers. I've already thought up a million ways to incorporate them into my outfits and stuff, just because I'm a dork like that. I already know that I'm going to be replicating this look in the very near future.

How fabulous does she look??
picture credit: justjared, ebay, the sartorialist

4 comments:

  1. wii.. i love at first sight with your blog header pic. and that glasses was damnly cool! wondering if i can hacing 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the glasses, my wayfarers need a rest for a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they will. I've just purchased a pair as well. I only wish I would have kept the ones I had the first time they were popular :) {ug, I sound like my mother...lol}

    ReplyDelete